Because of the Covid-19 emergency, the Town Council is taking a number of actions to mitigate the effect on the town. Some of these decisions may not suit you personally but do be assured that we have taken none of these decisions lightly and believe that they are in the best interests of the town as a whole:
Alongside maintaining business continuity at this time, the Town Council is working with the Derbyshire Dales District Council to assist their community response, be it providing venues, information or facilities. The Council is also working to assist the Wirksworth Community Response Group. The Council continues to communicate with other local town and parish councils to ensure a joined-up response where possible.
With effect from Wednesday 25th March
New centralised source of information is to be found at https://gowirksworth.com/coronavirus/
From Tuesday 24th March
- The Town Hall including toilets will be closed to the public.
- The Tuesday Market will no longer operate.
We will aim to provide updates via the Town Council Facebook page and via the Town Council website. The team in our office is small and may not be always be possible to maintain these services without interruption, so please bear with us. We shall of course keep our arrangements under review. As the situation alters and as guidance is updated by central government, we expect to have to make changes.
From Monday 23rd March
- The downstairs toilets in the Town Hall will be accessible between 9am and 5pm.
- The Town Council office will be closed to visitors, but you can contact us on 01629 823408 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We intend to continue to operate the Tuesday Market as long as we can and as long as stall holders are willing to attend: many residents rely on this market for groceries and dry goods. It is an open space, so please take sensible precautions whilst shopping including leaving distancing room between yourself and others.
From Friday 20th March
- the Council will be cancelling all occasional lettings and regular bookings held in the Town and Memorial Halls.
- Barmote Croft Public Toilets will be closed.